Want to push yourself to the absolute limit? Try coasteering in Newquay, Cornwall
Penhale Adventure Centre runs various types of Coasteering in Newquay, Cornwall throughout the year. Our Coasteering Centre on the outskirts of Perrnaporth and Newquay has established itself as one of the leading Coasteering providers in the UK and we constantly set new limits in a safe and controlled environment. Our sister Coasteering Centre, Fremington Adventure Centre, also runs Coasteering around the Devon coastline.
Coasteering is a mixture of swimming, traversing and cliff jumping and is an ideal activity for corporate team building and adventure training. Blowholes, caves and curious sea creatures are only some of the features you will see whilst Coasteering in Cornwall. Each route has its individual characteristics and can last from 2-3 hrs to a day depending on the package you choose.
Your Newquay coasteering session will start with a safety brief that will cover all safety aspects, before you head out with your experienced instructor. All of the coasteering instructors are qualified beach lifeguards.
For coasteering in St Agnes visit www.coasteeringstagnes.com
Personal equipment (wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet) is provided and all instructors carry safety, rescue and first aid equipment. All you need to bring along is a pair of wetsuit booties or trainers that you don't mind getting wet... and nerves of steel.
Undertake adrenalin fuelled Coasteering in Newquay or Devon!
If you have tried Coasteering before, and would like to take it to the next level, then this package is for you! Travel to new locations and undertake a full day of coasteering at more advanced locations around Devon or Cornwall.
Discover the fauna, flora, geology of the north Cornish or Devonshire coast as never before with our wildlife expert.
What does it involve?
You and your team will participate in a Coasteering session as part of a military exercise from Newquay Harbour to Penhale Military Training Camp. You will need to be very fit and a strong swimmer for this activity: Duration 4 hours
Working with Ex-military specialists you will:
- Plan the exercise 'Operation Atlantic Storm' using military techniques.
- Plan your route, under guidance of an Instructor, by RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) to the RV point (Rendezvous Point) at Penhale Military Camp, a real MOD owned military training facility – Principles of sea navigation taught.
- Brief your team using a SMEAC Brief.
- Fast boat, RIB ride from Newquay to Penhale Military Camp to RV point (Radio Procedures, signalling, and rescue drills taught)
- Wet Drop off with instructors.
- Swim as a team approx 100m through natural sea cave.
- Coasteer to target point across the inaccessible cliffs of Penhale Head and scramble/climb (150 ft cliffs) to extraction point at Penhale Military Camp.
- Hot Debrief on teams performance.
Penhale Adventure Centre also runs coasteering in Falmouth, Perranporth, Polzeath, Praa Sands as well as many other coasteering locations in cornwall.
COASTEERING IN DEVON
Contact us to find out more about coasteering in Devon with Fremington Adventure Centre.
COASTEERING INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE?
Please contact the EBO Adventure Team for more information, or complete our online information request form.